[Gdal-dev] How to propose patches?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 11 15:34:07 EDT 2006

Daniel Mitchell wrote:
> I'd like to propose a few patches to the GDAL code base; what are the proper
> channels for doing so?

Daniel,

I would suggest submitting each as a bugzilla entry.  Depending on the
impact of the patches, it may be desirable to write up an RFC for the
consideration of the PSC, but if it is just routine bug fixes or feature
improvements within the current architecture that should not be necessary.

Please try to provide the patches against the current CVS development
version, and include pointers to test data where applicable.