[Gdal-dev] LANDSAT 7 ETM+ HDF file

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Jul 19 05:52:38 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 12:19:51PM -0700, Inessa Shalomov wrote:
>   Thank you so much for all the help and answers. As a result of the
>   couple forum discussions, I am beginning to question the following:
>
>   Does GDAL HDF support LANDSAT 7 ETM+ HDF file formats?

Inessa,

Generally speaking, GDAL supports any HDF format. In case of HDF-EOS
formats the level of support depends on product type. In any case, all
metadata should be read and reported, in some cases they can be
unparsed, but reported anyway (in "raw" form).

Also I am agree with Charles and recomment avoid HDF based products if
it is possible. For Landsat there are GeoTIFF and raw ASCII labeled
options exist.

Regards,
Andrey

--