[Gdal-dev] JP2ECW ColorTables

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 6 12:26:19 EDT 2006

Murphy, David wrote:
> Hello-
>

> Is there a GDAL create option to enable the JP2ECW driver to handle
> color tables?  Our goal is to translate 1-band HFA (*.img) files with a
> color table to JP2ECW files, but it seems that the JP2ECW driver
> defaults all 1-band files to greyscale.  Any info would help.

David,

Looking at the JP2ECW driver I don't see any mechanism to apply a color
table.  It seems this does exist with the JP2KAK driver, if that would
be an option for you.

I don't recall any support for color tables in the ECW SDK API though I
might have missed it.  So it may not be possible to extend the JP2ECW
driver to support writing them.