[Gdal-dev] compose seperate band satellite images.

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 06:32:40 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I've got three satellite images B0, B1 and B2 from the Internet, where:

B0 for the BLUE band, Landsat band 1
B1 for the GREEN band, Landsat band 2
B2 for the RED band, Landsat band 3

and I am trying to compose them together in one GeoTIFF image using openEV,
here I've got some strange symptoms:

if I set the stack order as B0 B1 B2 (from top to bottom), I get a image
color; if I set the stack order as B2 B1 B0 (from top to bottom), I get
another image color. This is a little bit weird for me, since each image has
its own band color, and these colors are the real color, i.e RGB, if I
compose these three image together, the composed image should have the
nature color, and this should be unique.

frankly say, I am not very good at remote sensing things, your thoughts will
be very helpful for me.

zhonghai