[Gdal-dev] srtm and gdaladdo question

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jun 12 11:21:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to generate a set of SRTM data via gdaltindex, for use with
MapServer, which has worked with no problems.

The next challenge is ensure they are displayed efficiently in
MapServer, where I have taken the following steps:

- run gdaltindex
- run gdaladdo on each image

When I try to run gdaladdo, I encounter the following issues:

Sample image:
ftp://ftp.glcf.umiacs.umd.edu/glcf/SRTM/Degree_Tiles/n045/SRTM_u01_n045w
086/SRTM_u01_n045w086.tif.gz

$ gdaladdo -r average SRTM_u01_n045w086.tif 2 4 8 16 32

ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 11
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 11
91ERROR 1: SRTM_u01_n045w086.tif:DumpModeDecode: Not enough data for
scanline 0
ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedTile() failed.

ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 12
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 12
.ERROR 1: SRTM_u01_n045w086.tif:DumpModeDecode: Not enough data for
scanline 0
ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedTile() failed.

ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 13
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 13
ERROR 1: SRTM_u01_n045w086.tif:DumpModeDecode: Not enough data for
scanline 0
ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedTile() failed.

ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 14
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 14

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

..Tom