[Gdal-dev] Changes to and upgrade of the Perl bindings

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 13 13:11:09 EDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at tkk.fi> wrote:
> I believe the latest version of Geo::GDAL Perl interface(1) to GDAL and
> OGR could be the Perl interface for the next release (1.3.3) of GDAL.
>
> Now, dear PMC of GDAL, I give the ball to you. Instructions, please :-)
>
> Is the source tree in Subversion already? I still have a working account
> on the CVS, I believe. Do I just commit the changes?

Ari,

The subversion migration hasn't happened yet for technical
reasons.  I'll let committers know when it has.

As far as I'm concerned you are theprimary owner of the perl
bindings, so you can do any changes you see fit that aren't
too disruptive.  If you are proposing a substantial/distruptive
change you might consider writing up a proposal either as an
RFC or just a clear question by email for vote by the PMC.

For the most part I don't understand the implications of what you
are proposing, but I'm likely to accept your advice since you know
the area well.