[Gdal-dev] Changes to and upgrade of the Perl bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Jun 14 13:20:43 EDT 2006

Mark Overmeer kirjoitti:
>   print scalar(GDAL->drivers), " drivers defined\n";

Suppose I have Geo::GDAL::Layer::features. There may be millions of
features in one layer. If this method really returns all of them in a
list, it may take a while. Would scalar (Geo::GDAL::Layer::features)
then also take a while, or can I somehow detect that inside the method
(with wantarray) and call featureCount and return what it returns.. hmm,
maybe I can. And what if the user calls it like this:
Geo::GDAL::Layer::features->[34] to get just one feature?

I'm just trying to figure out what methods are needed:

feature
features
addFeature
featureCount
etc..

I've updated http://map.hut.fi/gdal-perl/Geo-GDAL.html but it's not
finished since it will contain _all_ classes and their methods.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics