[Gdal-dev] how gdal_rasterize works

Luke Roth lukeroth at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 16:34:21 EDT 2006

I've been trying to use the polygon rasterization functions in
alg/gdalrasterize.cpp for a while now, but I just can't get it to do
what I want.  I've been using apps/gdal_rasterize.exe to rasterize an
entire vector layer, but what I'd really like to do is to rasterize
individual polygons from my C code without having to run
gdal_rasterize.exe for each individual feature.  I've tried using the
apps/gdal_rasterize.cpp code as a template, but I'm not getting
anywhere.  Can anyone who has used this code give me a simple
walkthrough or nudge me in the right direction?  I can give more details
if it would help.

Thanks,
Luke