[Gdal-dev] ESRI ArcSDE OGR driver

cemehehko cemehehko at mail.ru
Mon Jun 19 11:26:47 EDT 2006

Hello gdal-dev,

What about OGR driver to read/write from/into ArcGis SDE with
ArcSDE developer API? My SDE instance is over Oracle but I think that
this is not the best idea to use OGR/OCI driver. I not found table
ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA. I use Oracle Spatial to store my geometries in
SDE setup files for speed and convineince .
But ArcSDE can store no only over Oracle DBMS (M$ SQL, IBM, etc).
ArcSDE can also store geometries in BLOBs with WKB inside. There why I
want to use "native" ArcSDE API to process SDE layers.

 cemehehko                          mailto:cemehehko at mail.ru