[Gdal-dev] (no subject)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 22 22:05:58 EDT 2006

Dave Robertson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile GDAL 1.3.2 with Kakadu v5.1 on OSX but make fails
> with a lot of undefined symbols reported by libtool.
> Looking back through the list and gdal changelogs, the latest version of
> kakadu mentioned is 4.0.2 in GDAL 1.1.9
>
>  >  JP2KAK Driver: Can be used with Kakadu 4.0.2 now.
>
> Are later versions of kakadu supported, or to do I have to revert to
> Kakadu 4.0.2 ?

Dave,

I believe I have always used --without-libtool when building in Kakadu
support on unix systems.  The problem is that we explicitly pull in a
bunch of object files from Kakadu directly, rather than as a library
(because that is the only way Kakadu seems to offer them), and this
seriously confuses the libtool build which seems to expect to control
all object files "its way".

I'm pretty sure I have tried at least Kakadu 5.0 on Linux, so I
don't *forsee* a problem with 5.1 o MacOS X.  Hmm, in fact I'm pretty
sure I tried Kakadu 5.0 or 5.1 on MacOS X a couple weeks ago without
any significant problem (using --without-libtool).