[Gdal-dev] JP2KAK

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Jun 28 11:47:38 EDT 2006

* Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam at pobox.com) [060628 13:05]:
> >   Input file size is 4980, 4200
> >   0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100 - done.
> >   Warning 1: Kakadu Warning:
> >
> >two things:
> >   1) why is Kakadu warning me?  I select JP2ECW
>
> The JPEG2000 file was written with the JP2ECW driver but when writing
> is complete it is reopened with the generic GDALOpen() which ends up using
> the first registered JPEG2000 driver which turns out to be Kakadu.

It wonders me that the file is reopened in the first place (why?).  And then,
weird that the -of flag is ignored.  Although that did accidentally caught
an avoidable warning which is possitive.

> >   2) how can I resolve the warning
>
> I'm not sure if this is a serious warning.  You might want to try
> generating your file with the extra option -co PROFILE=BASELINE_1 and
> see if that helps.  I suspect that is similar to the Sprofile=1 Kakadu
> option.  If the problem persists you might want to take it up on the
> ECW SDK forums at ermapper.com.

It helped.  Everywhere I see references to read the ECW SDK... but the docs
of the SDK do not explain the options (at least: I cannot find it)

Thanks for your fast answer!
--
               MarkOv