[Gdal-dev] Specifying PixelIsArea vs PixelIsPoint in GDAL

Ilya Varaev varaev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:10:14 EST 2006

Hello folks,
I wonder whether there is any way to store a tiff file with the raster
type of 'PixelIsPoint' instead of the default 'PixelIsArea'. It's
clearly possible if working directly with libgeotiff, but we are
trying to stay on the generic GDAL level (and well, it can probalby be
useful for a few other formats that support both modes). I've tried to
RTFM, but didn't find any references to this parameter.
If it's impossible to do, how safe is it to mix GDAL calls with
directly accessing format-specific features (e.g. directly modifying
tiff tags)?
SY
   Ivar