[Gdal-dev] python - get projection from a file

Brent Pedersen bpederse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 11:19:36 EST 2006

hi ari,
perl is my first choice in general projects, there's nothing to compete with
cpan. however, with projects like gdal, openEV, python cartographics
library, i get the feeling that there's just more GIS stuff going on in
python--i'll go where there's support. (though the answer to my python q
with a perl example sorta negates that...)
oh and even the arc9 python api sweetens the deal.
libs: well mapserver for one. it's swigged, yes but not many Q's on the
mapserver list for perl mapscript. i use php for that becuase of the support
though i'd switch to python for that as well. just compare the number of
scripts in the examples directory for python and perl in your mapserver
source...
-brent