[Gdal-dev] problem with ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL...

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Tue Mar 7 17:55:15 EST 2006

Are you trying to load the shapefiles? If so post your command line.

Should be something like:

Ogr2ogr -f PostgresSQL "PG:dbname=<dbname>" your_shapefile.shp -nln
layer

There are many creation options -lco's you may want to use but it would
be helpful to know what command line you used as well as what version of
GDAL.

One important thing is to makesure you have granted your database user
permissions to modify the postgis geometry_columns table. But you'd get
an error if that happened.

-e