[Gdal-dev] GDAL_TRANSLATE Problem

salah jubeh s_jubeh at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 15:47:40 EST 2006

Hello Guys

  I used GDAL_translate to translate from geotiff format to HDF format and again to geotiff format.

  imgae.tif---->image.hdf---->image2.tif

  I checked the  HDF file it contains all meta data like projection , transformation matrix, and another tags. also i checked the image2.tif the result was not good no geographical coordinate, system no transformation matrix.

  I was able to compile GDAL with two HDF library versions "HDF41r5 and 42r1-win" but the result was the same.

  also i did another test i convert the HDF to ASCII file

  image.hdf----->imag.asc

  the result was good i get the correct coordinate and cellsize

  what is the problem here is it from gtiff driver or from HDF driver and how can it be fixed