[Gdal-dev] PHP Binddings... (resent)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 15 10:08:19 EST 2006

Andrew Larcombe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Mandriva Linux 2006
> SWIG 1.3.24
> gcc 4.0.1
> PHP 5.0.4 from source
> GDAL 1.3.1 from source
>

> I'm trying to compile GDAL & OGR with the php bindings so that I'm able
> to read shp and wml data directly through php. I ran configure
> --with-php , however the build process is producing the following errors:

> Any ideas what the problem is/how to fix it?

Andrew,

My understanding is that the SWIG based PHP bindings for GDAL/OGR are
incomplete and unsupported at this time.  Unless you are a developer willing
to put substantial effort into them, I would discourage their use.

There are also some hand crafted PHP bindings for just OGR developed by
DM Solutions for a client of theirs.  I don't have too much familiarity
with it, but you can find it at:

   http://dl.maptools.org/dl/php_ogr/