[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr SetAttributeFilter error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 13:55:05 EST 2006

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
>> We're trying to create a GML document from a .ovf file:
>>
>> $ cat ./rtwl.ovf
>>
>> <OGRVRTDataSource>
>>   <OGRVRTLayer name="rtwl">
>>     <SrcDataSource>ODBC:foo/foo at foodb</SrcDataSource>
>>     <SrcSQL>select * from RMRWL</SrcSQL>
>>     <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
>>     <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
>>     <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="value"
>> y="accesstype"/>
>>   </OGRVRTLayer>
>> </OGRVRTDataSource>
>>
>> $ ogr2ogr_cmd -f GML rtwl.gml rtwl.ovf
>>
>> ...and get the following error message:
>>
>> ERROR 1: SetAttributeFilter() not supported on ExecuteSQL() results.
>>
>> ...it appears that the GML document is output the way we
>> expect it, but I'm not sure what the above error message means.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.  Especially if it doesn't involve
>> (immediately) upgrading :)

Tom,

The ODBC driver was reporting an error if any call was made to
SetAttributeFilter() on the results of an ExecuteSQL().  The VRT
driver was attempting to clear the attribute filter.  I have modified
the ODBC (and PGeo and SQLite) drivers in CVS to not report this error
if a NULL query is set.

In your case the error message can be ignored.