[Gdal-dev] KML with OGR

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 23 13:16:43 EST 2006

René F. Viancos S. wrote:
> Hi list, i'm a user of ORG, and i need to get KML files from some data
> source supported by OGR.
>
> have you consider the support of KML Files in future versions ?

Rene,

The idea has certainly come up a number of times, but it isn't on my
priority list at this time.  I would certainly entertain a contributed
GML driver for OGR if someone wanted to implement it.

  > i have tryed to translate GML files to KML with xsltproc and some xsll
> files from internet, but the GML files generated by ogr2ogr is not well
> parsed.
>
> In the atach file you can see the xslt file that i have used for.

I'm not very xslt literate, so I have no advice.  If you can identify
particular deficiencies in OGR generated GML I may be able to fix them.
There have already been a few fixes since 1.3.1.