[Gdal-dev] gdaladdo problems on an Mac OS X Panther

Gross, Dorit (SDRN) Dorit.Gross at fao.org
Mon Mar 27 08:23:55 EST 2006

Dear William,
Please excuse my late reply!

No, the SPOT tif was generated already with the new version. Would it make
sense to provide you with an image converted with the previous version? It
would be with overviews then.

> I converted the HDF with the new versions (libtiff 3.8.1/GDAL 1.3.1)
> and gdaladdo did not give these warnings.  In fact, I didn't get any
> block errors either.  At least, up to level 32 overview.  As soon as
> I add level 64, I get StripByteCounts warnings AND block errors, and
> it's right away, BTW, not when it gets to the point of doing lvl 64.

We use libtiff 3.8.0 that came with the Graphics Libs 2.2. We saw that
version 2.3 is available on your web page for Tiger, but if I am not mistaken
it is still the old version for Panther. I am sure there will be an upate,
but can you indicate already when it might be available to download?

Many thanks!
Dorit