[Gdal-dev] FOSS4G 2006 Conference

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Mar 29 12:35:50 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
>  Folks,
>
>  I am including the announcement for the FOSS4G conference this
>  September.  From my point of view this is *the* conference for GDAL
>  for the year, and I hope to meeting lots of folks interested in
>  GDAL/OGR there.   I am not currently planning to present any
>  workshops but I do hope to do a presentation or two on GDAL/OGR and
>  related technologies.
>
>  I am interested in feedback from the community on what they would
>  like to see presented and accomplished at the conference. I would be
>  interested in a BOF (Birds of a Feather) session or something similar
>  if the community was interested.

I am going to attend the conference. I am of course interested in a
GDAL/OGR Swig BoF, or workshop or something that really digs in into the
matter -- I understand that "workshop" in the announcement means in fact
something I understand as tutorials, as workshops were in Minneapolis.

I am also interested in a BoF or something where the topic would be
using WCS and WFS as a datasource for GDAL and OGR (or developing such
drivers).

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics