[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.3.2 Beta 2 Released

Dion Wooning dion at west.nl
Mon May 1 05:04:22 EDT 2006

Hello Frank,

Frank Warmerdam said:
> I did a bunch of work in the mrsid configuration and code to
> work properly between version 5 and 6.  The changes are in CVS
> if you would like to give them a spin.

I've tried, and it seems to work fine now for ESDK 5.0.6. Thanks!

> This took me roughly 3 hours (with many interruptions).  I hate configure
> hacking!

You're not the only one. I would have done this but at the moment I
lack deep understanding of how it all ties together I'm afraid :)

>> 2. link problems with OpenDWG current or older: the linklibs don't get
>>    included properly into the list of libs. I think this is caused by
>>    a wrong order of definition in GDALmake.opt.in, as the following
>>    line:
>>
>>    LIBS    =       @LIBS@ $(DWG_LIBS) $(SDE_LIB)
>>
>>    is found above the section where DWG_LIBS is defined:
>>
>>    # DWGdirect Library
>>    [...]
>>    DWG_LIBS = [...]
>>
>>    quick fix: include the following line below the DWGdirect Library
>>    section:
>>
>> LIBS += $(DWG_LIBS)
>
> Funky, I don't run into this problem with GNUmake 3.80. My understanding
> is that $(DWG_LIBS) becomes part of LIBS and isn't expanded until LIBS
> is actually used and that is the behavior I've seen.  Well, I won't take
> any action on this till I understand what is going on better.

Mmm. Perhaps it is a problem with my GNUmake, which is 3.79.1 (for
i386-redhat-linux-gnu).

I see lines like

LIBS            := $(filter-out -ldbmalloc,$(LIBS))

Between the first definition of LIBS and the definition of DWG_LIBS. As
these use simple expansion, perhaps this is causing the reference to
DWG_LIBS to be taken out?
( See http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#Flavors )

Regards,
Dion Wooning.