[Gdal-dev] Debian gdal stuck at 1.2.6?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Thu May 4 11:33:11 EDT 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 08:57:08 -0600
Bryan Keith <bryan at geomega.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, but this information
> may be helpful.  I'm running Gdal 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 5.10 without a
> problem.  I installed via FWTools:
>
> GDAL 1.3.1.0, FWTools 1.0.0a7, released 2005/11/10

Bryan,

It is not a problem to use 1.3.1 on Breezy. I do use it on Breezy myself
too, built from source. The problem is that there are no
ready-to-use .deb packages with Gdal 1.3.1 for Breezy nor Dapper. So
Ben won't be even able to package his gdal 1.3.1-dependent software for
Ubuntu.

FWTools installation is not controlled by the package manager, so it
cannot provide or satisfy any dendencies.

Cheers,
Maciek