[GDAL-DEV] Query..

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:16:30 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, abhay menon <abhay.menon at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) If so can I prefrom a raster overlay analysis that could be conducted
> with a raster and a vector dataset, which is used to updates the vector
> dataset attributes with the certian values.

You might want to look into Starspan
<http://starspan.casil.ucdavis.edu/>. It will perform various raster
statistics based on vectors and output the results to csv. It does not
yet append the results to the vector attribute table but this can
accomplished by joining the csv to the original shapfile (using a
desktop GIS, Postgres/postgis database or through the OGR libs)

Starspan is written in C++ and used the GDAL and GEOS libraries so it
might also serve as a good example to get started with.

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net