[Gdal-dev] NITF all black LUT, but GlobalMapper can show color

list67 at netscape.net list67 at netscape.net
Thu May 4 16:32:00 EDT 2006

I have a CADRG formatted file.  When I run gdalinfo on the file, every entry in the color table is reported as black.  When I run the program through a debugger, it appears that the values immediately before and after the LUT fit within the range of expected values for those variables.  But for some reason the LUT is all zeros.  But when I load the file with GlobalMapper or Erdas Imagine, a map image is displayed.

The number of NITF images is reported as 1.  The psImage->nBands values is 1.  The NITF IREP is reported as RGB/LUT.  The NITF IC mode is M4 (which is different from another CADRG file that has a C4 NITF IC value and has various colors in the color table).  Do you know where GlobalMapper is getting the colors from?

I asked if I could send the CADRG file, but I haven't recieved approval yet.

Thank you for your time.

    Mike

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.