[Gdal-dev] can not perform "gdal_merge.py", "gdal_rgb2pct.py" and "pct2rgb.py"

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 23 11:44:47 EDT 2006

Zhonghai Wang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I can only perform the gdal_merge.py command in FWTools shell. Why does
> it still not work in DOS shell under MS4W? It gives still the same error
> message: command can not be found. how can I make this also work under
> MS4W?

Because only FWTools shell is configured properly.
Certainly, you can configure any other shell as well.
So, go to the C:\program files\fwtools... directory and check
what's inside the BAT script starting with set...

I don't remember complete name, it's setenv.bat or something similar.
Inside this script, you can see what environment variables are set by
FWTools shell. Then you can set them manually in Windows globally.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net