[Gdal-dev] KML Write-only driver for OGR

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Fri May 26 15:11:15 EDT 2006

Hi Guillaume-
A separate GDAL driver for dealing with KML and rasters would have to be implemented to accommodate this request.  I have a general idea of how GE/rasters work - but there are a few particulars that I don't understand (ie - how to best tile images onto GE?).  It strikes me this could be more in line with creating a world file for a raster image.  If someone can spec out the process I think creating the actual KML file should be trivial...

-Chris