[Gdal-dev] Deploying with GDAL in Windows

Ivan Lucena ILucena at clarku.edu
Tue May 30 11:21:10 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Once you have everything running in your personal computer you probably
don't need to worry about DLL versions, paths or versions. But does
anybody has a suggestion of how should we place the DLL in clients
machine?

#1 - MSVC71, MSVCP71.DLL:

I placed GDAL13.DLL in the same folder as the application executable,
but when I run it Windows asked me form MSVC71.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL. Is
there a FLAG in the nmake.opt to build with static MSVC libraries?

#2 - GDAL13.DLL:

If I put the GDAL3.Dll in the same folder as the application, it should
be all right. Adding the folder to the Windows path could make others
GDAL application to failure, because I am not using this or that library
or driver. I remember someone suggesting naming it GDAL13_d.DLL to avoid
conflict.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your attention,

Ivan Lucena