[Gdal-dev] OGRTINDEX support for Geodatabases?

chrislist at narx.net chrislist at narx.net
Wed May 31 03:42:26 EDT 2006

Hi list,

Just wondering if the ogrtindex driver has support for the pgeo driver? I
have multiple geodatabases and creating a ogr index would make my life 100x
easier. OGR can read the PGeo fine, but whenever i try to create an index
it fails with the below ODBC error.

ogrtindex tindex.shp F:/web/uploaded/slip/data/Hydro/50k/*.mdb

ERROR 1: Unable to initialize ODBC connection to DSN for DRIVER=Microsoft
Access
 Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=F:/web/uploaded/slip/data/Hydro/50k/*.mdb,
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.
Failed to open dataset F:/web/uploaded/slip/data/Hydro/50k/*.mdb, skipping.

I switched on ODBC logging to try and figure out what was going on and i
got the following snippet,

DIAG [S1000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network
error. (-1022)
DIAG [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr
failed (0)

Geodatabase support is working everywhere else except for ogrtindex, so i'm
beginning to think that indexing is not possible on pgeo. Can someone
confirm this for me?

Cheers guys,

Chris Tweedie

Loaded OGR Format Drivers: