[Gdal-dev] Compiling swigged wrappers under MinGW

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed May 31 17:02:12 EDT 2006

Ari Jolma kirjoitti:
> I almost got the (perl) wrappers compiled under MinGW. The remaining
> problem is that ogr.dll and osr.dll won't like to be loaded at the
> same time. The swig interface ogr.i imports osr.i so that might cause
> the problem. However the problem does not exist in unix so I'm not yet
> sure what's going on.

Talking a bit to myself but anyway, I managed to build the modules and
my test code runs the same as in Linux. The generated dll's are a bit
large but that could probably be improved. The DLL problems -- which
were hard!...:-( -- seem to be related to the Perl module building
process and the way it uses the MinGW dlltool. Even the swigwin is not
perfect at least for Perl target. I'll post my results later on a webpage.

Good night,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics