[Gdal-dev] Problems building GDAL with .NET 2003

Simone Giannecchini simboss1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:19:10 EST 2006

Hi List,
I have built gdal from sources on my xp box many times using nmake
from command line. I am now trying to build it from sources inside
VC++ Net 2003 in order to do some debugging, but I am getting strange
linking errors.

I am following the instructions I found on the Virtual terrain website
but I am getting the following errors:

gdal error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
OGRAVCE00DataSource::OGRAVCE00DataSource(void)"
(??0OGRAVCE00DataSource@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public:
virtual class OGRDataSource * __thiscall OGRAVCBinDriver::Open(char
const *,int)" (?Open at OGRAVCBinDriver@@UAEPAVOGRDataSource@@PBDH at Z)
gdal error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall
OGRAVCE00DataSource::Open(char const *,int)"
(?Open at OGRAVCE00DataSource@@QAEHPBDH at Z) referenced in function
"public: virtual class OGRDataSource * __thiscall
OGRAVCBinDriver::Open(char const *,int)"
(?Open at OGRAVCBinDriver@@UAEPAVOGRDataSource@@PBDH at Z)
gdal error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GDALCreateGeoLocTransformer referenced in function
_GDALCreateGenImgProjTransformer
gdal error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GDALDestroyGeoLocTransformer referenced in function
_GDALDestroyGenImgProjTransformer
gdal error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GDALGeoLocTransform
referenced in function _GDALGenImgProjTransform

I am sure I am doing something wrong but I have not idea what at the
moment, hence any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thx,
Simone.
Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions