[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate: Floating point exception when trying to convert NSIF image (JPG)

Reiner Beck R.Beck at m4com.de
Thu Nov 16 10:12:36 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Reiner,
>
> If you can supply the image, I can look into what is going wrong.  But if
> the image header actually has the bits per sample set to 0, then I
> think the
> image is not properly compliant with the NITF specification.
> Nevertheless,
> there should be something that can be done.
>
> Best regards,

Frank,

the NITF image header says:
- Rows (nrows): 749
- Columns (ncols): 936
- Actual Bits/Pixel: 8

I will forward the image in a pm to you.

Another NSIF/NITF related questions: are you aware of the BLOCKA geo
extension? Are there plans to support it, as it is supposed to be more
accurate than the IGEOLO?

Thanks
Reiner