[Gdal-dev] OGR: VRT

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 20 02:05:44 EST 2006

Stephan Holl wrote:
> I have done this (with gdal-CVS from 17.11.2006). There are several
> results which I try to summarize now:
> The described problem above is away now, but another problem appears
> which I stumbled over in gdal 1.3.2 as well. Therefor I decided to use
> gdal 1.2.6 which works as expected in my app.
>
> When using the latest CVS with my join example I received this error:
> ogrinfo -al join_together.ovf
> ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
> Had to open data source read-only.
> INFO: Open of `join_together.ovf'
>       using driver `VRT' successful.
>
> Layer name: join
> Geometry: Polygon
> Feature Count: 16
> ERROR 1: Not enough tokens to complete expression.
> Segmentation fault
>
> This was know to work with 1.2.6 except the rounding problem.

Stephan,

I have confirmed and fixed a serious double free in
OGRVRTLayer::SetAttributeFilter().   It only bites in
cases where one non-NULL attribute filter is being applied
in place of another - so relatively rare.

I found I had to change the 'bld' to 'sta' in the following
part of join_together.ovf, but I assume that was a typo on your
part.

       <SrcSQL>select  n2n_wert, n2n_idflm, n2n_wertdat, frmt_wert, format_wert
         from bld join 'join.ovf'.values
         on AGS = n2n_idflaeche
                 where AGS like '%'
       </SrcSQL>

If you can give tomorrows cvs snapshot a run sometime and verify the
fix I'd appreciate it.