[Gdal-dev] Gdalwarp and memory optimization

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 05:22:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm warping several big tiff images to produce images for each
canadian provinces with the gdalwarp utility.

The complete process takes about 8 hours (warping image, cutting the
result in small JPEG tiles)

During the warp process, neither the CPU nor the memory are increasing a lot.
(1 Gb memory on centrino 1.6 ghz, Ubuntu Edgy).

Is there a way to tell gdalwarp to take more memory to work ?
I see the -wo option, but can't find an option related to memory.

In the GDAL warp api tutorial, there is a
GDALWarpOptions::dfWarpMemoryLimit option.
Can I use the same kind of option in the command line ?

Thanx
Nicolas