[Gdal-dev] MapInfo Tab Merger

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:18:46 EST 2006

Hello List,

I have a dataset in MapInfo Tab  format which has multi geometry (point,
linestring and polygon) stored in it. I have to append multiple tab files
outside MapInfo since this dataset is heavy and take a lot of time in
processing (also the table structure for all the files are same in MapInfo
Tab format)

Is there a way I can do this using OGR?

I have tried to store this data in SQLite and then thru SQLite3.exe I merge
the tables into one new table but I lose the MapInfo Tab Table
Structure(especially the field size) in this process which is important for
further purpose.

Also tried that with GML too. but it increase the number fields in data
structure available (FID of all the TAB's are also inserted as FIELD's) and
also it seem to induce some extra feature.. even thought they are not
visible..

So I need that data final MapInfo TAB. Can anyone help me with this..

--
Thanks and Regards

Abhay Menon