[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR Sponsorship

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 28 21:57:30 EST 2006

Folks,

The project sponsorship program is now in place, and accepting sponsorships.
The details are at:

   http://www.gdal.org/sponsorship.html

Sponsorships are primarily intended for organizations that are substantial
users of GDAL/OGR directly, or through applications, and that want to help
sustain the project.  Sponsors also have some input on project directions,
and some precedence on bug fixing from a maintainer hired with sponsorship
funds.  There is also a marketing benefit from being associated with the
project as a sponsor.

Sponsorship is not really aimed at individuals.  Individuals can best
contribute to the project by helping with development, documentation,
supporting other users, and promoting the project.

Any organizations interested in sponsoring are encouraged to contact me
for details and to make arrangements.  If anyone has suggestions of
organizations I should personally approach, also feel free to drop me a
line.