[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR-1.3.2 and ogrinfo.exe

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Nov 29 13:34:51 EST 2006

Jean-Daniel GONON wrote:
> Hi
>
> I could solve my last problem, I thought  it was because of XERCES-C
> 2.7.0 (but it was a bad include library).
>
> Now, I have an other problem, still about GDAL/OGR-1.3.2 (in original
> version, with XERCES-C 2.7.0 moreover).
> Compilation of gdal.DLL is good, but using of gdal.dll by ogrinfo.exe
> generates two errors in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 2003\Vc7\crt\src\dbgheap.c" file (at the lines 1132 and 1138).

Jean,

This error indicates there must be a bug somewhere that causes heap
corruption. The assertion caught in dbgheap.c file comes from free()
function and says something like this:
"you're trying to free block of memory that can't be deallocated because
of invalid type - not deallocable block."

Unfortunately, without more details, I can't see how to track the
problem down and to find where is the problem in GDAL/ogrinfo.exe.

Could you provide more details about:
1. How did you compile GDAL? Using provided makefile.vc?
2. What operation do you do using ogrinfo.exe?
3. What dataset do you use and can you provide them for testing?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net