[Gdal-dev] Header files installed on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 17 11:10:01 EDT 2006

Frederic Claudel wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there any reason why some format headers are installed on UNIX (using
> GNUmakefile files), but are missing in the install directory on Windows
> (using makefile.vc)?
>
> I'm refering to:
> -rawdataset.h
> -memdataset.h
> -vrtdataset.h
>
> => I'd be happy to provide updated nmake makefiles to get the same behaviour
> in Windows as in UNIX.
>
> Regards,
> Frederic Claudel

Frederic,

The above header files ought to also be installed on windows since it is
quite reasonable for application code to need them (for writing custom
datasets or utilizing special VRT features).

If you submit a patch by bugzilla I'll apply (or list of changes to
apply - it doesn't need to be a formal patch).