[Gdal-dev] converting ECW to MrSID

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Oct 19 11:05:30 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I am trying to convert a large (56 Gb) ECW file on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
3 to MrSID.

After a while I run into a segfault. The size of the MrSID file at the time
of the crash is 369 Mb. The machine has 4 Gb of memory.

Version info:
mrsid: 5.0.6
ecw: 3.3RC2
gdal: 1.3.2

Output from gdal_translate:

Input file size is 690000, 800000
0free(): invalid pointer 0x3abad2f1!

Any ideas on how to make this conversion work?

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden