[Gdal-dev] Renaming the Perl modules

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Oct 29 16:25:52 EST 2006

I suggest that for the next release the Perl binding modules are renamed
to follow the standard Perl naming practises. The new module names
would/could be:

gdal => Geo::GDAL
gdalconst => Geo::GDAL::Const
ogr => Geo::OGR
osr => Geo::OSR

Thus we would override the existing Geo::GDAL name, which currently
refers to the now obsolete old module. I also own the Geo::GDAL name in
CPAN.

Does anybody have a good idea of what to put to CPAN, since the actual
modules will be in gdal distribution?

I have a fancy design of more Perlish modules, but it is likely to be an
alternative to the more "raw" swig API. On the other hand, these name
changes should be done in any case.

Any comments?

Ari

--