[Gdal-dev] COmpliler errors in GDAL 1.3.2 on windows with VC6

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 31 17:26:13 EST 2006

Zuyuan Wang wrote:
> Hello, there,
>
>   I am a newer to GDAL. I have already updated the two files :
> IdrisiDataset.cpp, and  cpl_odbc.cpp. as the instruction as
>
>  ************
>  http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-May/008789.html
>  **************
>
>   But when I used VC6 on windows to compile GDAL 1.3.2 again , I still
> got the following error info:
>
>   *******************
>   cpl_odbc.cpp
>   cpl_odbc.cpp(412) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'int *' to
> 'long *'
>         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-
>    style cast or function-style cast
>   NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
>   Stop.
>   NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\VC98\bin\N
>   MAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
>   Stop.
>
>  *******************
>

>   Any suggestion will be grateful!

Zuyuan,

Are you sure you've updated cpl_odbc.cpp but not cpl_odbc.h ?

In the link with solution you pasted above directs to cpl_odbc.h:

http://www.gdal.org/srctree/port/cpl_odbc.h

but

it should point to

http://www.gdal.org/srctree/port/cpl_odbc.cpp

So, please check it and try to compile again.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net