[Gdal-dev] Cannot read Idrisi in QGIS - IdrisiRasterBand::GetNoDataValue () crash

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 4 14:03:55 EDT 2006

Radim Blazek wrote:
> QGIS crashes when I try to open data in Idrisi format
> (http://www.pitt.edu/~laad/vdlpsurv/western_form1_idrisi.exe)
>
> Backtrace:
>
> #0  0xb6a39ef4 in IdrisiRasterBand::GetNoDataValue ()
>   from /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1
> #1  0xb7fd2592 in QgsRasterLayer::readFile (this=0x8233bd8, fileName=@0x1)
>    at qgsrasterlayer.cpp:604
> #2  0xb7fd9f97 in QgsRasterLayer (this=0x8233bd8, path=@0x81f7584,
>    baseName=@0xbfffdab0) at qgsrasterlayer.cpp:467
> #3  0xb7d18d6e in QgisApp::addRasterLayer (this=0x80e1188,
>
> Probably we have to check first if the data source has no data value
> defined before caling GDAL GetNoDataValue ()?

Radim,

I haven't looked at the dataset in question, but there was a bug at one point
in the IDRISI driver related to missing nodata values.  Perhaps Ivan will
try the dataset, and indicate if there is still a problem.

QGIS should be able to call GetNoDataValue() safely without any sort of
pre-test.   If it causes a crash in GDAL then it is a bug that should
be fixed in GDAL.