[Gdal-dev] python gdal 1.3.2 and geos

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 5 12:38:41 EDT 2006

Didrik Pinte wrote:
> Because of a problem between gdalnumeric and python-numpy, I have
> uninstalled the following packages and kept only python-numeric :
>
> apt-get remove python-numpy python-numpy-ext python-scipy fftw3
>
> It solved the problem ! That's strange.

That is very odd. the new numpy and the old Numeric should have no
trouble at all co-existing.

My guess is that it is a Debian bug -- perhaps the python-numpy package
is set up to replace Numeric, rather than coexist with it. However, if
not, then there may be a bug in numpy, and it should be reported. It is
certainly intended that they don't interfere with one another.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov