Fw: [Gdal-dev] OGR functionality.

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Mon Sep 11 09:56:30 EDT 2006

Dear Warmerdam;

Thank you for the previous e mail.

You all right that I was make mistake for gdal by using old version.
I have clean all files related with old gdal version and I have installed
latest version of gdal-1.3.2-1 by using rpm file.
Than I have tried the following command to connect and read data from mysql.

[murat at sakura map]$ ogrinfo /var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf

But I have faced the following results output.

ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
ERROR 1: Failed to open datasource
`MYSQL:eqinfo,user=root,password=mysql_123,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=deneme'.
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `/var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf' with the following
drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> MapInfo File
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> AVCBin
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> CSV
  -> GML
  -> SQLite
  -> PostgreSQL

Please help me why I'm wrong. And thank you for your interest.
Murat

warmerdam at pobox.com