[Gdal-dev] PGM file too short

Collins, Benjamin collinsb at mitre.org
Tue Sep 12 12:24:25 EDT 2006

I'm using gdal_merge.py to patch together a very large image, and
passing the -init 0 flag to get the mosaic all initialized to 0.
However, it seems that the size of the file on the file-system does not
match the declared length in the header.  In fact, it's 168459 bytes
too short (a fraction of the length on one line).
Currently I think it has something to do with the last line in the
mosaic being not fully covered by source pixels.  It seems that the PNM
driver is therefore not completing that last line in the file.  These
missing pixels at the end of the file are causing errors in some other
utilities, namely the sample Kakadu programs!

Any thoughts, or is this a bug?
--
Ben