[Gdal-dev] relativeToVRT attribute

Matt Hanson mhanson at photon.com
Tue Sep 12 14:16:37 EDT 2006

I'm having problems with the relativeToVRT atrtribute for GDAL's virtual file format.   I'm creating a dataset programmatically and using SetMetadataItem to write a <SimpleSource> XML line to the source_0 meta data item.

But it doesn't seem to work.   I've set relativeToVRT to 1, and written a filename with no path.   The Filename is valid and resides in the same directory as the VRT I'm writing....but note that this is different then the the Current working directory.    Could there be an issue here when WRITING a VRT file using the relativeToVRT attribute?   It looks like there might be a bug when it validates that name when writing it, though it works when reading a VRT file.

-matt