[Gdal-dev] installation problem gdal-1.3.2

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Wed Sep 13 07:13:13 EDT 2006

Hi friends,

I would like to use OGR/Mapserver/Mysql functionality to create a map by using
data stored in Mysql.

For this Actually I couldn't understood more about Ogr but
I would like to install gdal-1.3.2 bur I always facing following error message.
I really have spent a lot of time to solve this problem but I couldn't achieved.

Please if anybody has idea about the mistake which I did,
tell me.

Just I'm asking you.
Is it possible to read data for example point data for the location of city
from MySQL database tables to draw it on the map without creation shp files or
 OGR can create shape files for drawing the map.
Thank you...
 result of my installation stages are here.

configure --with-mysql --with-netcdf
.
.
.
GDAL is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Installation directory:    /usr/local
  C compiler:                gcc -O2
  C++ compiler:              g++ -O2

  LIBTOOL support:           yes

  LIBZ support:              external
  GRASS support:             libgrass
  CFITSIO support:           no
  PCRaster support:          internal
  NETCDF support:            yes
  LIBPNG support:            external
  LIBTIFF support:           external
  LIBGEOTIFF support:        internal
  LIBJPEG support:           external
  LIBGIF support:            internal
  OGDI support:              yes
  HDF4 support:              no
  HDF5 support:              no
  KAKADU support:            no
  JASPER support:            no
  ECW support:               no
  MrSID support:             no
  POSTGRESQL support:        no
  MySQL support:             yes
  XERCES support:            no
  ODBC support:              no
  OCI support:               no
  SDE support:               no
  DODS support:              no
  SQLite support:            no
  DWGdirect support          no
  PANORAMA GIS support:      no
  GEOS support:              yes

  Statically link PROJ.4:    no

  Traditional Python:        no
  NG SWIG Bindings:

  enable OGR building:       yes
make
after run make the last two lines are here
.
.
.
creating gdal_rasterize
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gdal-1.3.2/apps'

make install
after run make install the last four lines are here

.
.
.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gdal-1.3.2/man'
for f in data/*.* ; do /usr/local/gdal-1.3.2/install-sh -c -m 0644 $f
/usr/local/share/gdal ; done
/bin/sh /usr/local/gdal-1.3.2/libtool --mode=finish --silent /usr/local/lib
ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/libpdf.so.5 is not a symbolic link

after this
I would like to try ogrinfo ond ogr2ogr commands
But I have faced the following error
[root at sakura gdal-1.3.2]# ogrinfo
ogrinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open

what is wrong which I did...
Thank you

believed to be clean.