[Gdal-dev] Visual Studio Project Files

Ivan Lucena ILucena at clarku.edu
Wed Sep 20 11:25:44 EDT 2006

Hi there,

After I changed all "copy *.obj ../o" to "xcopy /D /Y *.obj ../o" in
about 65 GDAL makefile.vc my compilation process improved very
reasonably, so I decided to give it a try to what Microsoft Visual
Studio calls a "Makefile Project":

ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDN.vAug06.en/dv_vcide/html/dd077af3-97a8-48fb
-baaa-cf7e07ddef61.htm

It is not as good as a real "Visual Studio Dynamic Library (.dll)" but
works very well. I can edit my piece of code and click F5 to start
debugging in seconds.

Basically all you have to do is to configure in the VC project
properties the proper command line for build, clean and rebuild.

I am not against the Visual Studio Project initiative, I actually would
like to have the time and knowledge to help, but I think that "Makefile
Project" is just something that could be adopted individually very
easily in the meantime or by some of the folks that prefer make files.

Best regards,

Ivan Lucena