[Gdal-dev] Error reading ArcInfo Grid

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 00:43:03 EDT 2006

Frank,

On 9/27/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Matthew Perry wrote:
> > OK. My bad on this one. That grid works fine for me as well. It was in
> > a directory with a bunch of other grids (all with the same problem)
> > and I just used arc to copy one of them into its own directory for a
> > smaller download. Apparently copying it solved the problem !
> >
> > I guess the lesson is that it's dangerous to keep all your grids in a
> > single directory.. since they all share the info folder, the risk of
> > corrupting them becomes high.
>
> Matt,
>
> GDAL should not be looking at the info directory at all.  If you can
> capture just the grid directory for one problem grid, and not the info
> directory I could dig into this further.

I'll dig into it tomorrow.

In the mean time, I put the up whole errant directory for download at
http://ebm.nceas.ucsb.edu/mapping/data/habitat_classes_bad.tar.gz .
None of the grids here seem to work but, when copied to their own dir
using esri software, they're ok.

--
Matthew T. Perry
GIS Analyst / Software Engineer