[Gdal-dev] Loosing positions in S-57 to S-57 conversion via ogr2ogr

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 28 09:25:10 EDT 2006

Jean-Philippe RANNOU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use S-57 to S-57 conversion via OGR.
> I set the minimum required options (specified in OGR S-57 html doc)
>
> set OGR_S57_OPTIONS =
> "RETURN_PRIMITIVES=ON,RETURN_LINKAGES=ON,LNAM_REFS=ON"
>
> I checked WRECKS positions in my S-57 file using
>
> ogrinfo CA49995B.000 WRECKS
>
> I did the conversion for WRECKS
>
> ogr2ogr -skipfailure -append -f "S57" output.000 CA49995B.000 WRECKS
>
> but in the resulting file when i check the resulting file
>
> ogrinfo output.000 WRECKS
>
> and the WRECKS positions disapeared (no more POINTS and empty polygons).
>
> Has somebody experienced such conversion? What am i doing wrong?

JP,

I just tried a similar conversion and it worked for me.  The resulting
S-57 file did have wrecks.  I did observe that the new DSID feature class
support is not supported by the writer.

Are you confident that the double quotes did not get included in your
OGR_S57_OPTIONS senvironment variable?  Does an ogrinfo on your original
file show layers called IsolatedNode, ConnectedNode, Edge and Face (as
well as the regular feature classes)?