[Gdal-dev] GDAL C API and Delphi

Artur Redzko artur.redzko at tatukgis.com
Fri Apr 13 03:38:44 EDT 2007

Hi

Is there any special procedure to build GDAL DLL, that can be mapped and
used in Delphi through C API. I built DLL using Visual C++ express 2005,
tested exports using dumpbin - it looks fine. But when I try to map it
in Delphi like :

var

  GDALAllRegister : procedure; stdcall;

  DLLHandle := LoadLibrary('gdal14.dll');

  if DLLHandle >= 32 then

  begin

    @GDALAllRegister := GetProcAddress(DLLHandle,'GDALAllRegister');

  end

all functions addresses ( using names ) return nil like there is no
function with such name (taken from gdal.h).

I tested it with daily and gdal 4.1 source with default settings. I also
tried to get binaries from vterrain but they also don't work. Strangely
found old 1.2 version works.

Can anyone help me ? What do I do wrong ?

Can someone send me compiled binaries for Windows ?

Ps. Sorry for doubled emails. I have problem with my email server.

Regards

Artur